Monday 29 January 2018

Iceland Planning



I've been thinking of going to Iceland since early last year. The idea of going to the blue lagoon and seeing the northern lights is drawing me to go. I'm planning on only going for around 4 days early next year. However i hate the cold and don't have a good enough winter coat. But this gives me the perfect excuse to buy a new one. I don't just want a coat that will be useful for Iceland but one i will wear again. I know i more than likely need a highly water proof one as it appears to rain a lot there from what I’ve gathered from research.

I thought i might need to take my snow boots, any excuse to wear them really as they keep my feet so toasty, but for the time of year i plan on going (Around March/April) it looks like my Dr Martins will do the trick, but this does mean i can splash out on cosy socks which i love. I've done some digging around on the internet to see what others suggest on wearing while there. I only plan on leaving the city to do the golden circle tour/geysers and the northern lights as it's only a short trip.


What i think i need; (Especially because I’m ALWAYS cold)
  •  Parka coat
  • Accessories, hat, scarf, gloves, thick socks
  • Extra thick tights to layer leggings over or thin tights under or thermal leggings. Leather look/feel leggings to combat the rain etc.
  • Thermal vest, because I’m always cold even in the summer.
  • Jumpers or cardigan
  • Boots

I plan on only taking a backpack for the trip and no suitcase so taking jumpers might not be a good idea as they take up a lot of space. However they might keep me warmer. It's always a good idea to have a spare anything just in case, so i might go in one jumper and pack another. I was thinking of taking a maxi skirt but i think it might be a bit impractical for most of the trip.

I plan on taking;
  •  2 pairs of tights
  •  2 leggings
  •  2 t-shirts
  •  1 cardigan or jumper
  •  6 pairs of socks, one for each day and a spare pair.

Iceland Planning

As for accessories I’ll have what i went in and depending on how much space is in my backpack i'll take an extra beanie and scarf just so it can look a bit different in photos. As it's me and I’ll more than likely only be wearing all black, i plan on adding colour to stand out against the scenery. I'll be doing this with shoes and accessories as i already have red dr martins that i plan on wearing as they're the hard leather ones and i already have a red scarf, which i think will be a good contrast against what i assume will be a mostly white background.

However it doesn't look like we'll be able to go in a few months, if not we'll be going early 2019 since we're mostly going for the northern lights. This year it looks to be just a cruise around some of Europe.

(Pictures of Iceland taken from google)


She Said Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Clipart
Real Time Web Analytics